Your user profile is how you are identified by WordPress and visitors. Learn how to edit your profile.
- [Instructor] The user profile found under users…and your profile is where each registered user…of a WordPress site, including subscribers…can control what information the site has stored…about them and how WordPress admin looks and behaves…for them when they're logged in.…It is also where they manage things like current…email address and password.…There are actually two ways you can get to your user profile…either like I showed you by going to users…and your profile or by going to the WordPress toolbar,…hovering over your own name and either clicking…on the name or clicking on edit my profile,…they all take you to the same user profile panel.…
Let's walk through the settings, starting at the very top.…First off we have some settings that relate…to how WordPress admin presents itself to the current…logged in user.…First we can choose to disable the visual editor…when writing, if this box is checked it means…when you're writing content, you have to write it…in HTML so this is something you only want to do…in very special circumstances.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.