- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
- At its core WordPress is a simple web publishing application. Write content, add media items, hit publish, and you have a custom web page. But that's just the publishing process. Once you have content to publish, you also want control over how that content is presented to your visitors, and what types of features your site should have available to you, your contributors if you have any, and your visitors. And as your site grows in popularity, the scope of content management will extend from just content you yourself created, to managing and moderating comments, receiving data from content forms, and more.
In WordPress Essential Training, we covered the publishing process in detail. In this course, we'll go behind the curtain of WordPress itself, and look at how to administer a WordPress site and take full advantage of all the features this content manager system has to offer.
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.