In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you begin adding the metal to the compass through different techniques that create a nice dented metal effect. You will learn how to hit the edges with the polish brush to refine and tighten up some of the detail, and how to change the Matcap shaders to show the detail of the object easier while you are sculpting.
- [Voiceover] So I'm gonna jump on over…to one of my compass points.…And let's make sure we're in the correct direction here.…So my bracket...…Actually, I was in the wrong direction…and that's not what I wanted.…So, I wanted it to actually be showing.…So let me show you how I fixed that.…Now, because the book is actually facing in the Z-direction,…we know that, alright?…So again, I'll turn on my floor.…
Oh, actually facing in the Y-direction.…I'll go to my move tool, and I will...…I'm sorry, rotate tool.…And I'm gonna draw out my line…from that center point.…Actually, draw it out here,…and I'm gonna rotate around.…And, once again,…I'm going to draw this way…and I'm going to rotate.…
And then I'm gonna take my move tool…and move that into position.…And so now we have the bracket…where it was intended to be.…Alright, so let's go back to where we were,…working on the compass.…And we want to make sure that we have the right points.…So I'm gonna actually wanna work on the top…of the compass points.…Here it is, okay.…
So, I've got the compass point…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.