In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson, instructor Michael Ingrassia teaches you how to add some stitches to the leather cover of your pirate journal to add an extra level of detail that he felt was missing. You learn how to use the stitch brushes and different alphas to achieve some quick and easy stiches around the edges of the cover.
- [Voiceover] So I'll switch on over to my stitches.…I'm just gonna pull a quick stitch here…just to see how well it works out.…It's obviously too strong, and I'm…not looking for a double stroke.…So let's find another one that fits better.…How about this one here?…Yeah, that's what I'm looking for, single stroke.…It's obviously too large, so what I want to do…is bring that down in brush size,…and the intensity is probably a bit too much.…
So bring that down a little bit, too.…I'm going to just do an initial test…by pulling a stitch, and seeing how it looks,…and that's actually not bad.…I kinda like that.…I think I want the stitch just a little bit tighter…than that, so I'll come down a little bit more.…That works out well.…Now, you can use, obviously, a stitch that you…discover online as a download, or you can create your own.…I actually have a couple of original ones that…I've made myself that also work really well.…
But I'm gonna go ahead now and just…add a couple more stitches, and then we'll finish it out.…Now, because the brackets are actually covering the corners,…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.