Join Pablo Muñoz for an in-depth discussion in this video Booleans mesn and polygrouping, part of ZBrush: Product Prototyping Techniques.
- [Instructor] All right! … We're almost done with the chair. … But because we have been using Booleans with it, … we need to create the Boolean mesh … and set things up for the rendering in the next chapter. … So basically for this object, we need to end up … with five different pieces that we can assign … different materials later on. … So we need the base of the chair, … the legs and the arm rest, we need the padding, … the metal bar, the one that goes inside here … and the fifth one would be the bolts here. … First, let's go ahead and split this bar from the bolts … because they're currently one single piece. … Remember that in the previous video, … we merged them together. … So let's go ahead and select it from the sub-tool list … and go into solo mode. … Now let's scroll down to the Polygroups sub-palette … and expand that. … And we're going to click in this auto-group button. … With this button or this action ZBrush will assign … a Polygroup to each single piece … that has no continuity in the topology. …
- Using DynaMesh and Sculptris
- Using ZRemesher
- Working with primitives
- Making a base mesh
- Polishing a base
- Planing a 3D model
- Working with live Booleans
- Adjusting materials
- Applying textures to the form
- Setting up lighting for a rendering
- Rendering a 3D prototype using KeyShot
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson5h 2m Beginner
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Tools and Techniques: Overview
2. Minimal Design and Simple Geometry
3. Working with Organic Shapes and Multiple Objects
4. Intro to KeyShot 8
5. KeyShot Rendering
6. KeyShot Advanced Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.