In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will detail out the early stages of the edge clip for the pirate journal. You will learn some very simple methods of adding detail and ornateness to the scrollwork. This is the first stage of laying down the basic look of the metal before moving on into the detail level later.
- [Voiceover] You'll notice that when I brought in…my model, I actually brought in all of the components,…and if I wanna see all those again…I could just hold down Shift and tap again,…on that tool that I just opened.…It's not necessary for me to have four brackets,…and then duplicating it and moving it over,…or mirroring it to the opposite side.…But I wanna have a portal for in just so I placement.…So for now I'm just going to focus on…creating this little metallic part.…
And I don't really need everything open so I'm going to hide…everything for now.…I'm going to turn off my smooth on the first divide,…and then divide up after that.…So little five was probably a good starting point.…And I'm looking at my reference,…and my reference is basically showing me that…what I'm looking for here is this nice,…kind of decorative border.…Alright.…So what I want is to…come in a bit closer,…once again, clay tubes.…
I'm going to turn off all of my symmetry…at this moment.…And I'm just going to hit it just very lightly,…initially, to get that sculpt started.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.