In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will work on one of the pirate crossbones. You will utilize all of the axes for symmetry. So, you will use the x, the y and the z, to allow you to sculpt very quickly. You are able to polish out the bone and have a sculpt that is almost complete in a matter of minutes.
- [Voiceover] So now, I'm ready to begin sculpting the bone.…So, I'm gonna come in here…and I'm going to first thing, hit my X,…to give me back my X symmetry and I'm going to…increase my division level,…at least to a level three.…So, we've got something to work with.…Come back to my clay tubes,…and let's just start…to fill this in.…Now, something we can do.…Let me back out for a second and show you a trick.…
Alright, so I'm gonna back out of what I just did.…Okay.…So, this is the bone.…We're working in X symmetry, correct.…But this is an object that is also symmetrical in the Y.…So, I can go to Transform, and I can also turn on…my Y symmetry.…So now, not only will I be…and you have to check this 'cause sometimes…it doesn't work that way.…So, what I'm gonna do is turn on all of them,…in this particular case,…'cause this is going to give me front,…back and bottom, all at the same time.…
So, watch this.…Now, I just sculpt a little bit here,…and tada, the whole thing's done,…all in one shot.…How cool was that?…So, that's a definite time saver,…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.