Getting started in ZBrush can be a daunting challenge for beginners. You will learn the tools and techniques used by instructor Michael Ingrassia to make it fun and easy to learn stylized sculpting with a pirate’s journal. You will learn how to set up the ZBrush user interface in a way that is more user friendly and how to import assets, then get started with the early stages of sculpting.
- [Voiceover] The ZBrush interface is very unique.…It's unlike probably any other software…that you'll use.…When you first come to it, it seems very alien…but it becomes intuitive once you start…to understand how it works,…so it's definitely my go-to software.…I use it for just about everything I do…within production on a daily basis,…but there's a couple things I wanna just show you.…Some preferences and I'm gonna keep it simple.…There's a lot of people who make custom palettes,…custom menus and basically customize their…entire interface.…
I tend to not do that as an instructor…because when you come to see a video…where everything has been customized,…it becomes confusing.…You'll also notice that I happen to be working…in an older version of Zbrush…and that's intentionally.…I do have the newest version of Zbrush,…however, my personal preference has been 4.0.…One of the reasons why, I just love it.…It opens quickly.…It works properly.…
I never have any crashing issues,…and more importantly, it's very fast.…Anyone out there who is actually following my training…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.