In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will learn how to make your pirate skull more unique by adding asymmetry. Using the Move tool, you will make adjustments to parts of the anatomy on different sides of the model to give it a unique character. You will also learn Masking techniques, which allow you to move parts of the geometry easily while preserving other parts of the mesh.
- [Voiceover] So now I'll begin adding some uniqueness,…adding in some asymmetry to the model.…So I'm gonna switch back over to my Move tool…and I'm gonna press on X, which gets rid of my symmetry.…I think what I'll do here is make…this socket the larger one…and this socket the tighter, angrier one.…
Give him a little bit of a snarl.…Let everyone know whose boss.…Define my cheekbone a bit more.…I want this cheekbone to be larger.…Again, just to lend to that whole asymmetrical feel.…Let see, that one looks good.…Maybe bring out our mouth a touch more.…Maybe even bring that down…and then I'm going to lower my brush size,…so that I can come in here…and pinch this area in a bit more.…
Give it a bit more of a defined area.…And yeah, let's definitely make sure…our nose is not perfect.…That wouldn't be fun, 'cause this bad boys definitely…been in a number of fights over the years.…Okay, now I want to make sure that I move…the entire portion of the skull off to the side.…I can do it by hand and it's not necessarily…going to be and issue but I'll just show you…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.