See an example of an area cost data page.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at a page…that uses an area measurement.…This one's for resilient flooring.…Go down the page a little bit…and you'll notice, under 09 65 19.19,…Vinyl Composition Tile Flooring is listed, also know as VCT.…The second line down lists VCT 12-inch by 12-inch…by a 16th-inch thick, then we'll look at the columns.…It's a one-tile floor installer, can output 500 square feet.…You see the SF in the unit column?…And the labor hours are 0.016 square foot,…or 0.016 hours per square foot.…
The average bare costs are $1.22…and the average labor is 0.75.…Again, these are all per square foot,…the unit of measurement.…There is no powered equipment for this,…therefore, per square foot installed,…$1.97 is the bare cost.…When you include 10% overhead…and 10% profit, you'll have $2.45.…That's how you use an area of measurement sheet.…
- Common estimating terms
- Different types of construction costs
- Using a printed unit page and a printed area page
- Finding and using city indices
- Working with RSMeans Online
- Creating an estimate
- Adding items and assemblies to an estimate
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Management: Project Delivery Methodswith Jim Rogers1h 9m Intermediate
Construction Management: Planning and Schedulingwith Jim Rogers1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Data formats1m 58s
2. Looking Up Data
3. RSMeans and RSMeans Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.