The master detail app template is extremely useful. With the techniques you've already seen throughout this course, the master detail application should be much easier to understand. This video walks you through how the template works and how you might customize it for your own apps.
- [Instructor] The master detail template…is another template you can create an app from…when you create a project in iOS.…Here's an example of that app running…without any code changes.…At the top in the navigation area…you have an Edit button and a plus button…to add different time stamps to the table view.…The edit puts the table view in editing mode.…It also toggles between a Done button.…If you select one of the time stamps,…you're taken to a detail view screen.…
Let's head over to Xcode.…To create this project go to File, New, Project.…And then under the iOS section choose Master Detail App.…I'll cancel out of that since I already…have the project.…In the storyboard, here's what you'll see.…The root view is actually a split view controller.…You can see that in the top.…The text might be a little small on my screen.…So I can zoom in and show you.…Right there.…It says Split View Controller.…A split view controller is different…from the other view controllers we've looked…at this point because it's mainly used…
- Advanced UI controls
- Creating alert controllers
- Displaying web content
- Creating a collection view controller
- Creating a custom data type
- Creating tabbed apps
- Importing and setting icons for your apps
- Publishing your app to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iOS and watchOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton3h 45m Intermediate
1. Mastering Views
2. Display Web Content
3. Collection Views
4. Multi-View Templates
5. Publish an App
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.