Sliders enable users to change a value by sliding a ticker back and forth. Progress bars are for displaying the progress of a task. In this video, see how to use both.
- [Instructor] Now we'll look at progress bars and sliders…with the plan to make the progress bar update…as we move the slider.…I'm going to go to the library…and search for a Progress View.…Click and drag one onto the screen.…And then we'll just stretch it all the way…across the width of the screen…and press Shift + Option + Command…and equal sign…to have Xcode automatically create auto layout pins.…Now let's do the same thing…but with a slider.…So search for a slider.…
Click and drag it onto the screen…and stretch it to the whole width of the screen.…After you do that,…press Shift + Option + Command + equals one more time…and Xcode should add those constraints for you.…To modify these items,…select them and head over to the Attributes Inspector.…You're going to find this is the case…with every Xcode user interface item.…You can create it through the library,…select it and modify it through the Attributes Inspector.…Those properties that you see in the Attributes Inspector…can also be modified with code.…
If you want to change any of the progress view settings,…
- Advanced UI controls
- Creating alert controllers
- Displaying web content
- Creating a collection view controller
- Creating a custom data type
- Creating tabbed apps
- Importing and setting icons for your apps
- Publishing your app to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iOS and watchOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton3h 45m Intermediate
1. Mastering Views
2. Display Web Content
3. Collection Views
4. Multi-View Templates
5. Publish an App
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.