- What is Tumblr?
- Touring the interface
- Exploring the Tumblr Blocks
- Creating a custom domain
- Understanding likes, reblogs, and notes
- Blocking and unblocking users
- Adjusting basic appearance settings
- Adding a logo
- Creating a post
- Editing multiple posts at once
- Inserting video and audio into pages
- Finding theme marketplaces
- Editing posts using HTML and markdown
- Adding comments with Disqus
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Justin Seeley. And I want to welcome you to Up and Running with Tumblr. In this course, we'll look at the basics of using Tumblr.com to quickly and easily share your content across the web. I'll start off by showing you how to register for it and set up your tumblr account. This includes filling out your profile. Naming your blog, and setting up some key preferences. Next we'll dive into your Tumblr blocks. SO that you're familiar with all of the different types of content that Tumblr has to offer. We'll see how to create and work with pages inside of Tumblr as well.
And I'll even show you how to create your own page templates on the fly. We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tips and tricks to help get you up and running with Tumblr as quickly as possible. Now let's get started.
1. Getting to Know Tumblr
Learning the Tumblr blocks3m 54s
2. Customizing Your Blog
3. Publishing with Tumblr
4. Working with Pages
5. Taking the Next Step
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.