Learn which controls use the crown. Use the crown to control your own application, and learn how to use the WKCrownSequencer class and how to react to crown events with the WKCrownDelegate.
- [Instructor] The Picker use the crown to scroll,…but you might want to use the crown…to do your own scrolling.…In this lesson, I'll show you how to use the digital crown…in your applications as an input.…You'll find the starter project in the downloads folder.…For set-up, I've added these four labels,…and a separator, to the watch interface like I show here.…In the assistant editor, I've connected the labels…to outlets like this.…Status label, value label and revolutions per second.…
Go ahead and close the assistant editor and head over…to InterfaceController, and you'll see that I've…done a few other things.…The app's going to track two pieces of information,…the revolutions per second and the value of the crown,…which I've set up with two double values.…I've also set up an updateLabels method,…so that we can display this directly…to those value labels and status labels.…Now, the way that a crown works is that the…InterfaceController has a property crown sequencer…that monitors the activity of the crown.…
It uses a delegate, the WKCrownDelegate.…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.